Chai Tea: Benefits, Uses and How to Prepare
Chai tea is gaining more and more popularity in the western world. Often called the “drink of India”, it is a sweet, spicy and warming beverage made from a combination of herbs, spices, milk and tea.
What is Chai Tea Good For?
Chai tea has numerous health benefits, it’s a great source of antioxidants and can help to:
- Boost the immune system
- Promote cardiovascular health
- Improve digestion
- Be beneficial for hormone balance in women
- Have anti-inflammatory properties
- Reduce stress
Chai tea can also provide essential vitamins and minerals, such as Vitamin C, Vitamin A, and Iron.
How to Prepare Chai Tea
The recipe for Chai Tea is quite easy, here is a basic recipe for you to follow:
- Boil 1 cup of water
- Add 2 teaspoons of black tea
- Add a teaspoon of fresh ginger
- Add a teaspoon of cardamom
- Add a teaspoon of cinnamon
- Add a teaspoon of black pepper
- Add 2 or 3 cloves
- Add a teaspoon of nutmeg
- Add a teaspoon of honey (optional)
- Allow the tea to steep for 5 minutes
- Strain the tea and add 1/2 cup of milk (or more to taste)
- Enjoy your Chai Tea!
You can also find pre-made Chai tea bags that can be prepared in the same way.
Chai tea is a great way to get many essential nutrients and can be beneficial to your overall health and well-being. With its sweet and spicy flavor, it is an indulgence you can always enjoy!