What is English Breakfast Tea?
English Breakfast tea is a traditional blend of teas originating from Assam, Ceylon and Kenyan teas, blended in unique proportions. It is typically a full-bodied and robust tea, characterised by its bright, reddish hue and gives a strong flavour. It is usually served hot with milk and sugar.
Origins of the beverage
English Breakfast tea dates back to the 1800s, when tea merchants in England blended existing tea varieties from Sri Lanka, India, Kenya and other countries. The blend was created to be savoured as a full English breakfast.
English Breakfast tea is a great source of antioxidants which can help to keep the body healthy, reducing inflammation, improving immune system and providing many other benefits. It also contains caffeine, which can help to energise an individual and reduce feelings of fatigue.
How to prepare the perfect cup?
– Boil water to a rolling boil.
– Put one teaspoon of English Breakfast tea leaves into a teapot.
– Pour the boiling water over the tea leaves and stir.
– Allow the tea to steep for 2-3 minutes, or up to 5 minutes for a stronger cup.
– Add milk and/or sugar, depending on preference.
– Pour the tea into a cup and enjoy!
English Breakfast tea is a traditional blend of teas with a strong, full-bodied flavour. It can provide a number of benefits, from providing caffeine-infused energy to providing antioxidants which promote good health. It is easy to prepare and is best served with a combination of milk and sugar, but can also be enjoyed on its own.