What is Garlic Tea Good For?
Garlic tea is a popular herbal remedy that is chock-full of nutrients with a host of potential health benefits. Made from fresh garlic cloves, it is a delicious and easy-to-make tea that may help promote overall health and well-being.
Potential Benefits of Garlic Tea
The main active component in garlic is allicin, which has potent medicinal properties. Here are some potential benefits of drinking garlic tea:
- May boost the immune system: Garlic contains compounds with antibacterial, antiviral, and antifungal properties, which may help boost immunity.
- May reduce inflammation: Allicin may reduce inflammation and help reduce pain associated with conditions such as arthritis.
- May lower blood pressure: Garlic is believed to be effective in reducing both systolic and diastolic blood pressure.
- May reduce cholesterol levels: Garlic contains compounds that may help reduce cholesterol levels in the blood.
- May have anti-cancer properties: Research suggests that garlic may be effective in reducing the risk of certain cancers.
How to Make and Drink Garlic Tea
Garlic tea is easy to make and requires only a few simple ingredients. Here’s how to make it:
- Peel and slice 4–5 cloves of fresh garlic.
- Add the garlic to a pot of boiling water.
- Simmer the garlic in the water for 10 minutes.
- Strain the liquid and add a sweetener of your choice (optional).
- Enjoy your garlic tea!
Garlic tea is best enjoyed hot and should be consumed once daily. Remember, though, that garlic tea is not a replacement for any type of medical treatment and should not be used to replace your regular medications.