What is a High Tea Menu?
High Tea menus are traditionally served in the afternoon and are considered by many to be a luxurious treat.
High Tea, in contrast to the teas served in the morning and early afternoon, offers a combination of savories and sweets with tea, or sometimes a glass of Champagne.
What is included in a High Tea menu?
A traditional High Tea menu usually includes the following items:
- Savories: Such as finger sandwiches, scones with preserves, quiches, crackers with cheese and salmon, and other items.
- Sweets: Such as tarts, cupcakes, and pastries.
- Scones: Often served with clotted cream, light jams, and/or lemon curd.
- Tea: A variety of tea may be served, from classic English Breakfast to specialty teas.
- Alcohol: From a small selection of white and red wines, to Champagne.
What are the benefits of High Tea?
High Tea menus are an excellent way to relax, socialize, and connect with friends and family. It offers a luxurious dining experience and can be customized to suit individual tastes and dietary needs. Other benefits include:
- A chance to slow down and savor the moment.
- A great way to celebrate special occasions.
- An affordable way to enjoy an indulgent treat.
- A chance to try something new and creative.
Whether you are looking for an indulgent treat or an afternoon escape, High Tea menus offer something for everyone! Nowadays, many restaurants, cafes and hotels offer High Tea menus, so you can enjoy these delightful afternoon treats wherever you are!