What is a Long Island Ice Tea?
A Long Island Iced Tea is a classic cocktail popular in bars and restaurants around the world. It is a mix of several spirits with a cola, lime and syrups giving it its distinct flavor.
- Vodka – an essential spirit to include in a Long Island Iced Tea.
- Tequila – another important part of this classic drink!
- Light Rum – for a nice light touch of sweetness.
- Triple Sec – a liqueur with an orange flavor.
- Gin – for an added herbal element.
- Cola – to give it the soda-style feel.
- Lemon juice – just the right amount of tartness.
- Simple syrup – to sweeten it up!
How to make a Long Island Iced Tea
- In a shaker add 1 ounce of vodka, 1 ounce of tequila, 1 ounce of light rum, 1 ounce of triple sec and 1 ounce of gin.
- Add 2 ounces of cola to the shaker
- Add 1 ounce of fresh lemon juice
- Add 1 ounce of simple syrup
- Fill the shaker with ice and shake it vigorously for 30 seconds
- Strain the mixture into a glass filled with ice
- Garnish with a slice of lemon
The Long Island Iced Tea is a delicious and refreshing cocktail made with several spirits, cola, lime and syrups. It is perfect for hot summer days or a special occasion. Enjoy!