What is in an Afternoon Tea?
Afternoon tea is a British tradition that commonly includes a selection of savory and sweet finger foods. Below is a list of what you can usually find in an afternoon tea.
- Sandwiches: Cucumber, egg salad, smoked salmon and cream cheese and other variations.
- Scones: Plain or fruit scones served with butter, jam, honey, clotted cream or some combination of them.
- Mini Tarts: Cheese, quiche or other savory mini tarts.
- Cookies: Shortbread, biscotti, chocolate chip or other variations.
- Cakes: Carrot, fruit and other cakes.
- Mousse: Chocolate mousse or other variations.
The Traditional Beverage
The traditional beverage served with an afternoon tea is tea itself. Often, different types of tea are served, such as black tea, green tea, herbal tea, and flavored tea. Coffee, sparkling water, and juice can also be served.
The Perfect Afternoon Tea
The perfect afternoon tea is a combination of savory and sweet items served with tea, coffee, or sparkling water. It’s a pleasant way to take an afternoon break and enjoy a wide variety of delicious choosing.