What Is Lemon Balm Tea
Lemon balm tea is an herbal tea made from the leaves of Melissa officinalis, a plant in the mint family. The name comes from its distinct lemon flavor, which is refreshing and invigorating.
Lemon balm tea is known for its calming effects, making it an ideal choice for reducing stress, anxiety and insomnia. It may also help improve digestion, relieve headaches and reduce inflammation. In addition, it is packed with antioxidants and contains vitamins and minerals that may help boost the immune system and improve overall health.
Health Benefits of Lemon Balm Tea
Some of the health benefits of lemon balm tea include:
- Reducing stress and anxiety: Lemon balm tea is known for its calming effect on the body and mind, helping to reduce stress and anxiety.
- Promoting digestive health: Lemon balm tea may help improve digestion, reduce bloating and relieve constipation.
- Boosting the immune system: Lemon balm tea is high in antioxidants and contains vitamins and minerals such as vitamin C, vitamin A and iron, which may help boost the immune system.
- Relieving headaches: Studies have found that lemon balm tea may help reduce headache pain.
How to Make Lemon Balm Tea
Making lemon balm tea is easy. All you need is fresh or dried lemon balm leaves, hot water and a tea strainer.
- Start by adding 1 to 2 teaspoons of fresh or dried lemon balm leaves to a tea strainer.
- Place the strainer in a cup and pour in 1 cup of hot water.
- Let the tea steep for 5 to 10 minutes and then remove the strainer.
- Add honey or lemon juice to taste and enjoy.
Lemon balm tea is a delicious and healthy way to relax and unwind. So give it a try and experience its calming effects for yourself!