What is Linden Tea Good For?
Linden tea is an herbal tea made from an infusion of the leaves and flowers of the linden tree, also known as “tilleul”. It has a fragrance and flavor similar to that of honey with a hint of lemon and spices. Native to Europe, North Africa and Asia, linden tea is renowned for its many health benefits.
Health Benefits of Linden Tea
The health benefits of linden tea include:
- Cough and Cold Relief – Linden tea is a natural expectorant and can help reduce the severity of a cough and cold. It also helps in loosening mucus build-up and is soothing for sore throats.
- Mild Sedative and Relaxant – Linden tea is calming and can help to reduce stress and anxiety. It also helps to promote restful sleep.
- High Iron Levels – Linden tea is rich in iron, which is essential for energy levels and healthy blood.
- Reduced Inflammation – Linden tea is packed with antioxidants that help fight inflammation and improve overall health.
- Digestive Support – Linden tea has antiseptic properties which help to support digestion and relieve stomach discomfort.
Where to Buy Linden Tea
Linden tea is widely available in grocery stores, health food stores and online. It is typically sold as a loose-leaf tea or in tea bags. Always check the label to make sure that the tea you are purchasing is of the highest quality.
How to Make Linden Tea
- Bring one cup of cold water to a boil and turn off the heat.
- Add one teaspoon of dried linden leaves and flowers to the water.
- Steep for 5-10 minutes.
- Strain and enjoy!
Linden tea can be enjoyed hot or iced and is a refreshing, delicious beverage. It can also be mixed with other herbal teas such as chamomile or peppermint for an extra boost of flavor. Enjoy!