What is London Fog Tea?
London Fog Tea, also known as Earl Grey Tea Latte, is a delicious, creamy, and aromatic drink that has become popular in recent years. It’s a twist on a traditional English tea made up of Earl Grey tea, steamed milk, and sweetener.
The three main components that make up a London Fog are:
- Earl Grey Tea – A black tea made with fragrant oil of bergamot, a citrus fruit native to Italy
- Steamed Milk – Makes up the creamy base of the drink
- Sweetener – White sugar, honey, agave, vanilla syrup, or any other type of liquid sweetener
Making London Fog Tea
London Fog Tea is not difficult to make, but it does require skill and practice to get the best flavor. Here are basic instructions on how to make a delicious London Fog Tea drink at home:
- Brew a cup of Earl Grey tea.
- Froth the milk either with an electric frother or hand puller.
- Mix the frothed milk with the tea.
- Sweeten to taste.
London Fog Tea is best served hot. It can also be served over ice, but be sure to adjust the sweetness and additional flavoring, as the icy version tends to be more intense. Additionally, you can add a sprinkle of nutmeg or cinnamon on top for a finishing touch.
London Fog Tea is a delicious variation on the classic English Tea. It is an easy-to-make drink that has gained a lot of attention in recent years. All it takes is a few simple ingredients and a few steps to make a high-quality London Fog Tea that you can enjoy at home.