What is Medicine Ball Tea?
Medicine ball tea, also known as healing or traditional herbal soup, is a flavorful and holistic way to stay healthy. This herbal bouillon was developed by traditional Chinese medicine practitioners and is a blend of herbs, spices, and fruits. It is said to have many health benefits, including the ability to nourish, boost, and support the immune system.
The base of medicine ball tea consists of:
- Goji Berries
- Licorice Root
These ingredients provide different healing benefits and work to strengthen the body.
- Strengthens the immune system – Ginger is thought to reduce inflammation and fight infection, while Goji Berries can help support the healthy functioning of the immune system.
- Boosts energy – Licorice root may help the body fight fatigue, increased stress and exhaustion, while honey provides an all-natural energy source.
- Calms the body – The peppermint and wolfberry found in medicine ball tea are known for their calming and soothing effects, helping to reduce stress, anxiety, and insomnia.
How to Make Medicine Ball Tea
- Combine 6 to 7 tablespoons of the herbal tea blend with 2 quarts of water in a large pot.
- Bring it to a boil over high heat and then reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Take off the heat and let it steep for an additional 10 minutes.
- Strain the tea and serve with honey, if desired.
Medicine ball tea can be enjoyed hot or cold, making it a great beverage to have on hand to help keep your immune system healthy and strong.