What is Mushroom Tea?
Mushroom tea is an herbal drink that combines different types of mushrooms with herbal ingredients and spices. It has been used in some cultures for centuries for its medicinal purposes. The main types of mushrooms used in mushroom tea are:
Reishi mushrooms are prized for their health benefits and have been used in traditional Chinese medicine for centuries. Reishi mushrooms are known for their anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties. They may help to boost the immune system, reduce fatigue and improve sleep.
Chaga mushrooms are also popular in traditional Chinese medicine. They have high amounts of antioxidants and have been used to help reduce inflammation and promote the healing of wounds.
Lion’s mane mushrooms are prized for their ability to boost cognitive function and possibly help to fight neural degenerative diseases like Alzheimer’s and dementia.
Cordyceps are used to help boost energy, support the immune system and reduce fatigue.
Benefits of Mushroom Tea
Mushroom tea provides a variety of health benefits that can be beneficial for both physical and mental health.
- Immune System Support – The mushrooms in mushroom tea have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, which can help to boost the immune system.
- Brain Support – Lion’s Mane mushrooms are believed to support cognitive function and possibly even protect against neural degenerative diseases.
- Energy Boost – Cordyceps can give you a natural energy boost without the crash caused by energy drinks.
- Reducing Stress and Anxiety – The relaxing effect of mushroom tea can help to calm your body and mind and reduce stress levels.
- Improving Sleep – Reishi mushrooms are known for their calming effect and can help to improve your quality of sleep.
Mushroom tea can be enjoyed as a hot or cold beverage and is a great way to incorporate healthful ingredients into your diet.