What is Tea Tree Oil Good For?
Tea tree oil is derived from the leaves of the Melaleuca alternifolia, a small tree native to Australia. The leaves are steam-distilled to extract the powerful and potent essential oil. Tea tree oil has a wide range of uses and benefits, ranging from skin and hair care, to relief from common illnesses and home cleaning.
Skin & Hair Care
Tea tree oil has strong antiseptic and anti-fungal properties, making it great for treating a variety of skin and scalp conditions, such as:
- Acne – tea tree oil helps to reduce redness and inflammation of acne blemishes.
- Dry Scalp – tea tree oil is a natural remedy for dry or flaky scalp.
- Infected Cuts and Scrapes – tea tree oil can be used to treat minor cuts and scrapes, as it helps to fight infection.
Tea tree oil is known for providing relief from common illnesses, such as:
- Cold and Flu – tea tree oil helps to fight off bacteria, viruses, and other germs that cause colds and flu.
- Sinus Infections – tea tree oil can be used as a nasal spray to help alleviate symptoms of sinus infections.
- Allergies – tea tree oil can help reduce the symptoms of allergies, such as sneezing, itching, and watery eyes.
Tea tree oil is great for home cleaning and can be used to make natural, effective and non-toxic cleaners for the home. Common uses for tea tree oil for cleaning are:
- Surface Cleaners – tea tree oil can be used as a natural cleaner for countertops, sinks, and other surfaces.
- Disinfectant – tea tree oil is a great natural disinfectant, and can be used to banish bacteria, fungi, and germs.
- Mold Remover – tea tree oil is effective in getting rid of mold and mildew in bathrooms, kitchens, and other areas of the home.
Tea tree oil is a versatile and powerful essential oil with a wide range of uses. From skin and hair care, to relief from common illnesses, to home cleaning, tea tree oil is an all-round great addition to any medicine cabinet.