What is Thyme Tea Good For?
Thyme tea is an herbal beverage with a number of potential health benefits. It is made using the leaves of the common thyme (Thymus vulgaris). Although drinking thyme tea is not likely to be a form of medicine, it does appear to have some positive effects on many aspects of health.
Potential Benefits of Thyme Tea :
- Improves Heart Health – Thyme tea is high in antioxidants and can help lower cholesterol and blood pressure, reducing the risk of stroke and heart disease.
- Boosts Immune System – Thoume tea is packed with flavonoids and vitamins that are known to have a protective effect against infection and promote healthy immune systemfunction.
- Prevents Cancer – Regular consumption of thyme tea has been shown to reduce the risk of certain types of cancer, such as oesophageal, stomach, colon and breast cancer.
- Reduces Stress – Drinking thyme tea has a calming effect on the body and mind, helping to reduce everyday stress levels.
- Controls Diabetes – Certain compounds in thyme tea may help control high blood sugar and regulate insulin levels, making it beneficial for those with diabetes.
- Treats Colds and Flu – Thyme tea contains thymol, a compound believed to have antiviral and antibacterial properties that can help fight off colds and flu.
In conclusion, there is a multitude of potential health benefits to be gained from regular consumption of thyme tea. It is important to note however, that any health benefits should be achieved through eating a balanced and healthy diet, as no single food or drink can provide all the necessary nutrients.