Tea to soothe a sore throat
Do you have a sore throat that stops you talking and singing? Or that leaves you feeling congested and uncomfortable? If so, one solution is to drink a cup of tea! Here are some suggestions on what kind of tea is best for a sore throat.
Herbal teas are a great option when you’re suffering from a sore throat. Some of the best herbs to try are:
- Lemon: Lemon is bursting with Vitamin C and has a great cleansing effect on your throat.
- Honey: Honey has natural antiseptic properties and works great for treating sore throats.
- Ginger: Ginger has strong anti-inflammatory properties and helps to clear nasal congestion.
- Chamomile: Chamomile is a natural antibiotic and helps to reduce inflammation in the throat.
Black and Green Tea
Black and green tea are also great options for soothing a sore throat. They both contain compounds known as polyphenols, which help to reduce inflammation and fight off bacteria that can cause the sore throat.
Do’s and Don’ts
To get the most out of tea when treating a sore throat, there are some do’s and don’ts you should follow:
- Do: Drink warm or hot tea, as the heat can help to heal the throat.
- Don’t: Add any dairy products to your tea, as these can cause additional inflammation.
- Do: Add raw honey and lemon for additional throat soothing benefits.
- Don’t: Drink iced tea, as cold liquids can worsen your symptoms.
When your throat needs a rest, a soothing cup of tea is a great way to help alleviate your discomfort. With these suggestions, you can find the best kind of tea for your sore throat and get back to feeling better in no time!