Drinking Tea While on Eliquis
Eliquis is a drug used to help people with atrial fibrillation live more comfortably by preventing stroke, blood clot, and deep vein thrombosis. While this drug is non-invasive, it’s important to watch what tea one consumes while taking Eliquis.
Types of Teas That Are Safe to Drink on Eliquis
- Green Tea: Green tea is full of anti-oxidants, making it beneficial to your overall health while taking Eliquis. As long as it is not served with any added cream or milk, it should be safe to drink on Eliquis.
- Herbal Tea: Herbal teas such as chamomile, peppermint, and ginger are great for reducing inflammation and improving digestion. However, it’s important to read the label carefully as some herbal teas contain other herbs that could interact with Eliquis.
- Black tea: Black tea is a wonderful way to get your daily caffeine intake. It should be consumed without milk or cream and can be a refreshing, energizing drink when taken with Eliquis.
Teas to Avoid While on Eliquis
- Caffeinated Drinks: Caffeinated drinks such as coffee and energy drinks should be avoided while on Eliquis as they may increase heart rate and can cause other problems.
- Sugary Drinks: Sugary drinks such as sodas and sugar-sweetened teas should also be avoided while taking Eliquis as they may worsen health conditions such as diabetes and heart disease.
- Alcohol: It’s important to avoid alcoholic beverages while on Eliquis, as they can interact with the drug and cause adverse effects.
In summary, it’s important to pay close attention to the types of tea one consumes while taking Eliquis. Generally speaking, tea such as green, black, and herbal teas are safe to drink, while caffeinated drinks, sugary drinks, and alcoholic beverages should be avoided. It’s always important to consult with a doctor before consuming any substance while on Eliquis.