Reusing Old Tea Bags
Tea bags are made from biodegradable materials such as corn starch, cotton or paper and they are designed to be thrown away after they’ve been used. But before you toss your old tea bags in the compost heap or bin, try to find some creative ways to reuse them!
Here are just some of the ways you can reuse old tea bags:
- Fertilize Your Plants: Teabags are full of nutrients that can help nourish your plants and help them grow strong. Soak used tea bags in water and place them in your flowerbeds or vegetable gardens to help fertilize the soil.
- Freshen Up smelly Shoes: It can be hard to get rid of that funky smell that builds up in your shoes. Place an old tea bag inside each of your shoes, and the smell should be gone in no time!
- Get Glowing Skin: Tea leaves are full of antioxidants, which can help reduce inflammation on the skin and brighten up the complexion. Make a facemask by mixing some used teabags with honey and yogurt before applying it to your face.
- Clean Wood Surfaces: Used teabags can be used to give wood surfaces such as furniture and floors a shine. Soak a clean cloth in a solution of cold water and a couple of used teabags, then wring it out and use it to mop the surface.
- Refreshen Fabrics: If your clothes and other fabrics need a little pick-me-up, try this trick. Place a few used teabags in a pot of boiling water, and let the steam fill up your bathroom. The unique scent of the tea will help to freshen up your fabrics.
Old tea bags might seem like they are ready for the trash, but you can actually get a lot of mileage from them. With just a little bit of creativity, you can use them to freshen up your home and even your skin. So don’t be afraid to give your old teabags new life!