What To Put In Peppermint Tea
Many health conscious people are turning to natural methods for improving their well-being, and peppermint tea is one of the most popular remedies. Knowing what to put in peppermint tea can boost the health benefits and make your tea more enjoyable.
- Chamomile: Chamomile is known for its calming properties, which can help to relax both your mind and body. Adding a teaspoon of chamomile to your peppermint tea can even have anti-inflammatory benefits.
- Ginger Root: Ginger root has long been used to help with digestive issues, such as cramping, bloating and overeating. Adding it to your peppermint tea will enhance its effectiveness.
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon is a warming herb that can help the body to release toxins and help the digestion process. Adding it to your peppermint tea can help to soothe an upset stomach.
- Lemon balm: Lemon balm is an herb that can help to reduce stress and help to improve sleep. Adding it to your peppermint tea can help to relax your mind and body.
There are also a variety of fruits that can be added to peppermint tea to enhance the flavor and add some additional health benefits. Some of the most popular fruits to add to peppermint tea include:
- Strawberries: Strawberries are rich in antioxidants and can help to reduce inflammation. Adding them to your tea will give it a sweet and tangy flavor.
- Lemons: Lemons can help to reduce the amount of toxins in the body and balance out the pH levels. Adding a slice to your tea can enhance its flavor and its health benefits.
- Blueberries: Blueberries are rich in vitamin C and antioxidants, which can help to boost the immune system. Adding a few to your tea can help to make it more enjoyable.
- Oranges: Oranges are high in vitamin C and can help to reduce the risk of certain illnesses. Adding a teaspoon of orange juice to your peppermint tea can make it more delicious.
Lastly, there are a few spices that can be added to peppermint tea to further enhance its flavor and health benefits. Some of the most popular spices to add are:
- Cloves: Cloves are known for their antibacterial and antiseptic properties, making them a great addition to peppermint tea. Adding them can also give it a subtle sweetness.
- Cardamom: Cardamom is known for providing a detoxifying effect and can help to reduce anxiety levels. Adding a few pods to your tea can also give it a slightly spicy flavor.
- Cayenne Pepper: Cayenne pepper is known for its ability to increase metabolism and improve circulation. Adding a pinch can also give the tea a work out kick.
- Vanilla Extract: Vanilla extract is a great way to add a subtle sweet flavor to your peppermint tea. Adding a teaspoon of extract can also have anti-inflammatory benefits.
When it comes to peppermint tea, there are a variety of ingredients that can be added to enhance the flavor and health benefits. Knowing what to put in peppermint tea can make the tea more enjoyable and help to improve your overall health.