What To Put In Tea For Sore Throat
Sore throat can be a painful, irritating and uncomfortable condition. Fortunately, there are several things that you can and put in your tea to help soothe a sore throat. Here are some of the best teas and ingredients that can help to bring relief when your throat is sore.
Herbal teas are made from leaves, fruits, flowers and herbs, and many of them can help your sore throat. Look for teas that contain:
- Chamomile: This flower with soothing properties is great for relieving soreness and reducing swelling.
- Echinacea: This herb stimulates your immune system to fight off infection and aid in healing.
- Ginger: Ginger helps reduce inflammation and works as an antiseptic.
- Lemon: Lemon contains vitamin C, which strengthens your immune system and helps to flush toxins from your body.
- Peppermint: Peppermint has antibacterial and antiviral properties which can help to reduce irritation and inflammation.
- Licorice root: Licorice root can help to soothe the throat and may even help to reduce coughing.
Other Ingredients for Sore Throat Tea
In addition to herbal teas, you can also add other ingredients to your tea to help soothe a sore throat.
- Honey: Honey is a natural antiseptic and soothes inflammation.
- Apple cider vinegar: Apple cider vinegar is also antiseptic and helps to reduce inflammation.
- Cayenne pepper: Cayenne pepper contains a compound called capsaicin, which helps to reduce pain and inflammation.
- Turmeric: Turmeric is a powerful anti-inflammatory and helps to soothe irritation.
When making a sore throat tea, try to use organic ingredients whenever possible. You can also add other ingredients such as lemon juice, cinnamon, cloves or ginger to give your tea extra flavor. For even more relief, try adding a teaspoon of coconut or sesame oil to your tea.
Making tea with ingredients to help soothe a sore throat can be a great way to find relief from this annoying condition. Tea is easy to make and the ingredients are all natural, so you don’t have to worry about the side effects that can come with taking medications. Give these ingredients a try and see which ones work best for you!