Dress Etiquette For Winter Tea Parties
Winter tea parties let you take a break from the chill and sip something hot and comforting surrounded by friends and festive decorations. It’s a great way to find a bit of winter cheer! When dressing for a winter tea party, you want to look pulled together and dressed for the occasion, but also remain comfortable. Here are the basic tips to keep in mind when picking an outfit for a winter tea party:
Choose Cozy Fabrics
When it’s cold outside, the last thing you want to do is wear something itchy of uncomfortable. Winter-ready fabrics should be cozy, like wool or rich velvet, as well as warm and lightweight such as:
- Cashmere: Soft and luxurious with a fuzzy texture, cashmere is a real winter winner.
- Fleece: Fleece is warmer than wool––great for extra chilly days.
- Flannel: With a soft hand, this fabric is lightweight and great for layering.
- Silk: You don’t have to sacrifice looking polished for feeling warm––silk is an ideal pick.
Add a Signature Piece
A signature piece – like a fur stole, an embroidered cape, or a woven shawl – will elevate your look and add true winter style to your outfit. You can wear it over your coat or draped on the shoulders like a cape. Take the opportunity to make it fun – add a bright color or fun pattern.
Put the finishing touches on your tea party style by accessorizing. Here are some staples for any winter event:
- Tights: Thick, opaque tights and leggings will keep your legs warm, if you’re not wearing pants.
- Scarf or Necktie: Layer a scarf, necktie, or ascot to give your outfit a bit of texture and variance.
- Boots: Dressy boots will keep your feet warm, but if you wear other footwear you should pack some extra socks.
By following these tips you can look polished and chic at the tea party, without feeling too tight or restricted in your clothing. With the right outfit, you’ll be able to sip something hot, surrounded by friends and enjoying the winter warmth!