What to Wear to Afternoon Tea
Afternoon tea is a classic outing for friends and family alike. Whether you are planning to attend an informal gathering or a more formal one, knowing what to wear can be tricky. Here is a guide to help you dress for afternoon tea.
Informal Afternoon Tea
For causal afternoon tea, you want to look put together but also be comfortable.
- Tops: Opt for blouses and knit tops in vibrant prints or solid bright colors.
- Bottoms: A pair of dark blue or black jeans or a midi skirt in a colorful print would work.
- Footwear: Choose a pair of cute wedge sandals, ballet flats, or loafers.
- Accessories: Jewellery and a scarf can add a simple final touch.
Formal Afternoon Tea
For more formal afternoon tea, you want to look polished, but don’t be afraid to incorporate some colour into your outfit.
- Dresses: A dressy day dress in a classic print like gingham, polka dots, or stripes would look great.
- Tops and Bottoms: If a dress doesn’t take your fancy, try wearing a blouse and pencil skirt combo.
- Footwear: Heels or strappy sandals work best.
- Accessories: Add a stack of bangles, a clutch, and a statement necklace.
Remember that whatever you wear, have fun with fashion and be confident in your outfit. Show off your personal style at your next afternoon tea!