When to Drink Green Tea for Weight Loss
For many people looking to lose weight, green tea has become a go-to beverage of choice. While green tea doesn’t offer a miracle solution to shedding excess pounds, there is evidence that moderate consumption of it can help you to reach your fitness goals.
What is the Best Time to Drink Green Tea for Weight Loss?
Green tea does not have to be a strict part of any mealtime routine in order for it to have an effect, but when you decide to drink it could affect its potency. Here are some of the best times to drink green tea for weight loss:
- Before a Workout: Green tea is high in an antioxidant known as epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) which boosts the metabolism and can give you an extra edge when exercising.
- After a Workout: Drinking green tea after exercise can help to reduce muscle soreness and speed up recovery times.
- First Thing in the Morning: Starting your day off with a cup of green tea can kickstart your metabolism and help you to stay fuelled until your next meal.
- Before Bed: Drinking green tea before bed can help to suppress your appetite and help with digestion the next day.
Tips for Drinking Green Tea for Weight Loss
Using green tea to help with weight loss can be done in a balanced and healthy way. There are a few tips to consider:
- Don’t drink green tea on its own – green tea can have beneficial effects but can also have its drawbacks if drunk in excess. It’s best to have it as part of a healthy eating and exercise plan.
- Don’t add calories – avoid adding milk, cream, or sugar to your green tea. It can add unnecessary calories and can take away from the beneficial nature of the tea.
- Drink a moderate amount – to get the most benefits from your green tea, it’s best to drink 2-3 cups a day. It’s not recommended to drink more than 6 cups a day.
Green tea is a great beverage for those looking to lose weight in a healthy way. By following the recommended tips for times to drink it and for a moderate amount of consumption, you can get the most out of green tea and reach your weight loss goals.