Where to Buy Matcha Tea
Matcha tea is one of the most popular and healthful teas. It’s also among the most flavorful, boasting a bold, grassy, and earthy taste. The potent green tea powder comes from premium Japanese green tea leaves shade-grown and carefully ground into a fine powder. It’s higher in caffeine than traditional green teas, providing a bit more of an energizing boost.
Where to Buy Matcha Tea
From its nutrient-rich benefits to its complex flavors and bold taste, you’ll want to buy quality matcha tea. There are lots of places to buy matcha tea. Here are some of the unbeatable spots to purchase matcha tea:
- Online. An excellent and inexpensive way to buy matcha tea is online. You’ll find a variety of organic matcha teas in both small and large quantities with retailers like Amazon, Vitacost, and iHerb.
- Specialty Tea Shops. Tea shops may sell organic matcha tea, which can be slightly more expensive than online retailers.
- Whole Foods. The drink aisle of Whole Foods is full of matcha tea. You’ll find both pre-mixed bottled matcha drinks and jars of pure matcha tea powder.
- Asian Grocery Stores. If you have a local Asian grocery store in your area, the shelves will likely have matcha tea powder.
How to Buy Quality Matcha Tea
You will find a vast selection of matcha available at these locations, so it’s essential to look for qualities that determine quality matcha. Here are a few tips to ensure that you’re buying the best matcha:
- Check the packaging. Quality matcha should have packaging details including the source and cultivar of the matcha.
- Look for a dark green powder. The powder should look vibrant and lush, indicating high-grade tea.
- Know your grades. Matcha is available in different grades, based on its processing and origin. For example, cooking-grade matchas are considered the lowest quality and ceremonial grade is the highest.
- Taste it. Purchase a sample to try it out. Most matcha brands offer sample sizes, or purchase smaller quantities if available.
If you want to experience the bold flavor and health-promoting properties of matcha tea, there’s no shortage of places to buy it. Check out some of your local specialty tea shops, Asian grocery stores, health food stores, or purchase a jar of matcha powder online. With the tips in this article, you’ll be sure to buy quality matcha tea that’s packed with flavor, antioxidants, and health benefits.