The Pros and Cons of Squeezing Tea Bags
Many people enjoy a cup of tea to start off their mornings, but when it comes to tea bags there’s some debate about whether you should squeeze them. Let’s take a look at the pros and cons of squeezing tea bags.
- It helps the tea leaves fully steep, resulting in a stronger flavor
- The tea becomes more concentrated, making it easier to add milk and/or sugar
- It can give you a stronger caffeine buzz
- It can make the tea taste bitter
- The tea may become cloudy and unappealing
- It could release tannins, resulting in a bitter or astringent taste
At the end of the day, whether you choose to squeeze your tea bags or not is up to you. If you prefer a robust flavor, you may find that squeezing your tea bags is the way to go. If you prefer a lighter flavor then it’s probably best to leave your tea bags alone.