Why Put Baking Soda in Tea
Baking soda, also known as sodium bicarbonate, is a common household item with multiple uses, including baking and cleaning. Along with its many other uses, baking soda can be added to tea for a variety of reasons.
Adding a small amount of baking soda to your tea can bring forth a number of health benefits.
- Balances pH: Baking soda helps reduce the acidity of tea, making it easier to digest and better for the stomach.
- Boosts Immunity: Baking soda helps to combat viruses and bacteria, strengthening the body’s natural immunity.
- Decreases Inflammation: Baking soda helps reduce inflammation, which is beneficial for overall health.
Adding baking soda to tea can also help improve the taste of the tea.
- Makes Tea Milder: The alkaline nature of baking soda helps reduce the bitterness of the tea, making it milder and more palatable.
- Reduces Astringency: Baking soda also helps to reduce the astringency of the tea, making it smoother and more enjoyable.
How to Use
Baking soda can be easily added to tea. Simply add a pinch of baking soda to your tea (about 1/4 teaspoon for a cup of tea) and stir until it is dissolved. Taste the tea before adding more baking soda.
In conclusion, adding baking soda to tea can provide not only health benefits, but also improve the taste of tea. So, the next time you brew a cup of tea, try adding a pinch of baking soda and enjoy the benefits it brings.